Search criteria for querying IMGT/LIGM-DB are the following:
- accession number, mnemonic, definition, creation date, length, annotation level (in "Catalogue")
- taxonomy (species and classification level), nucleic acid type, receptor and chain type, functionality, specificity, group and subgroup (in "Taxonomy")
- standardized keywords (in "Keywords")
- standardized LIGM-DB labels (in "Annotation labels")
- authors, publication type, journal, year, title, Medline reference number (in "References").
Selection is displayed at the top of the resulting sequences pages, so the users can check their own queries.
Users have the possibility to modify their request or consult the results. They can:
- add new conditions to increase or decrease the number of resulting sequences
- view details concerning the selected sequences and choose among eight possibilities: IMGT annotations, IGMT flat file, coding regions with protein translation, catalogue and external references, sequence in dump format, sequence in FASTA format, sequence with three reading frames, EMBL flat file
- search for sequence fragments corresponding to a particular label .