List of the mouse strains in IMGT Repertoire
Links to MGI mouse strain individual entries
are provided in Gene tables and
Tables of alleles
Click here for Mouse strain
abbreviated symbol of C57BL/6
(almost congenic strain carrying of 2% of SEG/Pas genome in a C57BL/6J background)
- B10 abbreviated symbol of
- BALB/c x 129 (F1)
- BALB/c x C57BL/6 (F1)
- BALB/c nu/nu
- MAI (Mus musculus musculus wild-derived strain from Austria)
- MBK (Mus musculus musculus wild-derived strain from Bulgaria) (extinct strain)
- MOL/Ei (Mus musculus molossinus)
- SEG (strain originating in Grenada, Spain, characterized by a deficiency in serum Ig-Light-Lambda1 expression.)
(Mus spretus) (lost strain)
- SPRET/Ei (Mus spretus)
- SMZ (Mus spretus wild-derived strain from France)
- STF (Mus spretus wild-derived strain from Tunisia)
- SWR x NZB (F1)
The nomenclature rules from the International Committee for Standardized Nomenclature
for Mice state the following: "Most laboratory mice have contributions from both
Mus musculus musculus and Mus musculus domesticus. There is evidence that smaller
contributions may also have come from Mus musculus molossinus and Mus musculus castaneus.
Therefore, they should not be referred to by species name, but rather as "laboratory mice"
or by use of a specific strain or stock name. In addition, some recently developed laboratory
mouse strains are derived wholly from other Mus species or subspecies, such as Mus spretus."
Information communicated by Janan Eppig, MGI (28/03/2002).