The orientation of the human (Homo sapiens) TRA/TRD locus on the chromosome 14 (14q11.2) is forward (FWD).
Colors are according to IMGT color menu for genes.
The boxes representing the genes are not to scale. Exons are not shown.
A double slash // indicates a gap in genome assembly. Distances in bp (base pair) or in kb (kilobase) associated with a double slash are taken into account in the length of the lines and included in the numbers displayed at the right end of the lines.
A dotted line ... indicates the distance in kb (kilobase) between the locus and its bornes (5' borne and the most 5' gene in the locus and/or 3' borne and the most 3' gene in the locus) on the top and bottom lines, respectively. These distances are not represented at scale and are not included in the numbers displayed at the right ends of these two lines.
A small arrow shows a gene (TRDV3) whose polarity is opposite to that of the TRD D-J-C-CLUSTER.Bornes of the human (Homo sapiens) TRA/TRD locus
• No 5' borne conserved between species has been identified upstream of TRAV1-1 (F), the most 5' gene in the locus.
• DAD1 (defender against cell death) (3' borne) has been identified 13 kb downstream of TRAC (F), the most 3' gene in the locus.
• Update of the functionality for TRAV8-7 (P instead of ORF) (15/07/19).
• Addition of the 3' borne DAD1 (F), of the functionality P for TRAV35 and of 7 TRAV P, from 5' to 3': TRAVA, TRAVB, TRAV14-1, TRAV11-1, TRAVC, TRAV8-6-1 and TRAV46 (07/11/19).
Gene localization is according to data from
This locus representation with only the functional genes is used with IMGT/GeneFrequency.
* When needed, indicate the presence of allele(s) with another functionality: see above human (Homo sapiens) TRA/TRD locus