In cattle (bovine, Bos taurus) and sheep (ovine, Ovis aries),
the TRG genes are organized in two loci on chromosome 4:
- the TRG1 locus at position 4q3.1 (102.8 cM) spans about 150kb and comprises three TRGC genes
(TRGC5, TRGC3 and TRGC4), each TRGC gene is preceded by one or several V genes and J genes .
- the TRG2 locus at position 4q2.2 (69.4 cM) spans about 90kb in sheep and comprises three TRGC genes
(TRGC1, TRGC2 and TRGC6), each one preceded by its own set of V and J genes. .
The TRG1 locus at 4q3.1 is syntenic to the human TRG locus at 7p14,
whereas the TRG2 locus at 4q2.2 is a peculiarity of the cattle and sheep.
Sheep (Ovis aries) TRG locus on chromosome 4 (4q3.1 and 4q2.1)
Colors are according to IMGT color menu for genes.
The boxes representing the genes are not to scale. Exons are not shown.
Arrows indicate the TRGC cassettes and the transcriptional orientation of their genes.
Locus representation with only the functional genes: Sheep (Ovis aries) TRG
* When needed, indicate the presence of allele(s) with another functionality: see above Sheep (Ovis aries) TRG locus
-  Vaccarelli, G. et al., Gene, 357, 103-114 (2005). PMID: 16125878
-  Miccoli, M. C. et al., J. Mol. Evol., 57, 52-62 (2003). PMID: 12962306
-  Vaccarelli, G. et al., BMC Genomics., 9:81 (2008). PMID: 18282289
- Last updated:
- Yan Wu and Marie-Paule Lefranc
- Chantal Ginestoux