CD8 alpha chain (M27161, 1cd8)
CDR-IMGT lengths: [7.2.9]
This figure has been generated with the IMGT/Collier de Perles tool initially implemented by Gérard Mennessier (LPM, Montpellier, France, 25/05/1997) and further developed by Manuel Ruiz (08/09/1999) and Quentin Kaas (15/11/2001).
- Amino acids are shown in the one-letter abbreviation.
- Hydrophobic amino acids (hydropathy index with positive value) and Tryptophan (W) found at a given position in more than 50 % of analysed Ig and TcR sequences are shown in blue.
- All Proline (P) are shown in yellow.
- Arrows indicate the direction of the beta sheets and their different designations in 3D structure. This information has to be used carefully if not supported by experimental data.
- Hachured circles or squares correspond to missing positions according to the IMGT unique numbering.
- Missing positions in IMGT Colliers de Perles based on 3D structures may be due to incomplete experimental data.
- The CDR-IMGT are limited by amino acids shown in squares, which belong to the neighbouring FR-IMGT.
- The CD8A V-LIKE-DOMAIN (up to position 126) is encoded by an exon which has the same characteristics than a IG or TR V-J-EXON or V-D-J-EXON (including the peptide signal in 2 parts and the proteolytic cleavage upstream of position 1)
- The 3D structure (PDB: 1cd8) shows with an extended CC' beta turn, four additional amino acids between 46 and 47.
- IMGT Scientific chart:
- IMGT Index:
- IMGT Education (FR):